Friday 28 September 2012

Nepalese Plane Crash...

I'd just like to pay my respects, and open a small (but not searching) debate on the safety of plane travel

I've heard some devastating news, as I'm sure we all have in the past couple of days. Tragically, a plane crashed in Northern Nepal taking off from Kathmandu to Lukla, leaving 19 people dead.

Among the 19 dead, there are 7 named British citizens, and I believe that the identities of the other victims are still unknown. This is incredibly saddening to have read about, and so I would like to pay my respects to the families of those involved in the crash, as even those who lived will now have to suffer what I'm sure will be severe mental trauma.

It seems to me that these sorts of plane incidents occur all too often. Surely by now, with today's rapidly advancing technology, plane faults should be easily detected and fixed before the lives of anyone are endangered? I find it astonishing that even with these technological advancements that these traumatising events still occur as often as they do.

Please feel free to read about the crash here on the BBC website - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19755010 - and once again I feel very deeply sympathetic of the poor families of those killed, as well as those suffering who survived.

Thanks for reading, I know it's not a happy topic, hopefully I'll be updating with something much less tragic soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment